Hello there! Here today with a short post about what happened in Central London yesterday (22.03.17). As i’m sure many of you know from social media and the news, central London was hit with a pretty big attack yesterday. This is the first time a situation like this has really hit me. Maybe because I’ve lived in London for almost 8 years, and central London is really not that far away.
What we currently know is:
- The police are dealing with this as a terrorist attack.
- The assailant drove along Westminster bridge hitting into pedestrians, injuring many and killing two, before crashing into parliament and trying to enter the complex with a knife.
- The assailant stabbed an unarmed police officer at parliament, unfortunately killing him.
- The assailant was then shot by armed police officers which killed him not long after.
- Over 40 injuries where made, including 7 who are in critical condition.
- 4 deaths have been announced including the police officer and the assailant. The other 2 deaths are of a 43 year old mother of two and a mid 50 year old man.
- The prime minister, Theresa May, said the attacker was British-born and had been investigated “some years ago” by MI5 in relation to concerns about violent extremism.
- Police have searched six addresses in Birmingham, London and other parts of the country and have made eight arrests
- A woman who was pulled from the river Thames was a Romanian tourist.She sustained serious head injuries and badly damaged lungs.
My thoughts are with the friends and family of the 2 pedestrians and police officer who sadly had their lives taken from them. Also thinking of all the injured, wishing speedy and healthy recoveries.
Also giving lots of credit to our emergency services. The police officers who put their lives on the line to protect ours. The NHS staff that ran from St Thomas’ hospital to help the injured and all the staff now caring for the injured and many more.
RIP PC Keith Palmer, a husband, father and a hero. Died doing his country and city proud. He put his life on the front line, to save many of our lives. 😦
“We stand together in the face of those who seek to harm us and destroy our way of life” -Mayor of London
‘I see humans but no humanity’
I look forward to seeing you soon on another post, Tee Blogs over and out!