Hello there! I’m here to share with you my first baking recipe on my blog!!! *Exciting* These cupcakes are really easy to make and delicious! They’re also ideal for kids to make or help you make! (My brothers really wanted to get their fingers in on this one!) So lets jump straight in it shall we.
Makes 12 cupcakes
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Ingredients for the cake:
- 50g Soft butter
- 180g Caster sugar
- 1 Egg
- Roughly a tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 160g Plain flour
- 2 Teaspoons of Baking powder
- 160ml Full-fat milk
- Strawberry Jam for the filling.
For the icing:
- 250g Soft butter
- 500g Icing sugar
- Half a Teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pink food colouring
- 6 Strawberries (cut in half)
- Pink sugar crystals/edible glitter the choice is yours!
- Preheat your oven to 180°C / 350°F and line your cupcake/muffin tin with paper cases.
- To make the cake mixture firstly, cream together the butter and sugar until fluffy. Secondly add the egg and vanilla extract. Then bit by bit fold in the flour and baking powder. Slowly add the milk and mix until you have a smooth mixture.
- Divide your mixture into the cupcake cases and bake for 18-20 minuets.
- Once your cakes are cooked and cool, use a knife to cut out a hole in the center of each cupcake and then fill all of them with strawberry jam.
- Now to make the icing! Firstly cream the butter and slowly add the icing sugar. Mix these together until light and smooth (and tasty!), then add your vanilla extract and a few drops of food colouring. Mix well together and if you want the icing to be darker, add a few more drops till you get the shade of pink you want.
- Lastly pipe the icing onto the cakes, topping each one with half a strawberry. Sprinkle your sugar crystals/edible glitter and Ta-Dah!
If you do make these delicious cupcakes, be sure to let me know how they turned out or even send me a picture (Facebook and Instagram links are available)
Also let me know in the comments what other recipes you would like to see!
I look forward to seeing you soon on another post, Tee Blogs over and out!